I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wow what a day! (Quilt Show pics)

Yesterday was a wonderful day! All I did was shop and look at quilts! Can't get any better than that!
The day started with this score from my church's yard sale. The bottom row are all pillowcases and the top are sheets. It is all very high quality cotton! The sheets were brand new! I got the whole kit and kaboodle for $1.00! The pillowcases I want to use to make quilt storage/gift bags with and the sheets for future "Quilts for Kids". The polka dotted sheets are some of the thickest cotton sheets I have ever seen!


Then I stopped by Loving Stitches to pick out some fabric to finish the Shaded 9 patch for my brother and the Schnibbles "Madeline". I also picked up a set of bias bars so when I get back from our trip I can start on the applique for "Garden Lattice".

Then it was off to the quilt show!! Every two years my guild, Tarheel Quilters, has a show. It was really good this time around. Here are a few of my favorites! They were all so beautiful, but I had to pick just a few to post.


Another wonderful thing I got to do was to test drive the HQ Avante longarm quilting machine! The dealer really spent a lot of time showing me all the bells and whistles. I was impressed with how quiet the machine was, and the stitches were so even! I want to eventually buy a long arm because machine quilting on my Bernina 440 is really hard on my hand. I still want to test drive a Gammill and a APQS before I decide.
Then it was a quick stop at JoAnn's for some thread to hand quilt "Madeline".
Phew what a great day!
Happy Quilting!
Cindy






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts! I recently test drove an Avante and fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, Thank you for sharing your quilt show photos, really beautiful quilts. Following blogs is like being at a quilt show everyday!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Avante really moved up in my eyes after the test drive! I had been considering a HQ 16, but the Avante stole my heart.

    Thanks for stopping by my wee blog and leaving kind comments!

    ReplyDelete