I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chopping away...



Spent most of today cutting up fabric. I wanted to start my wee Schnibbles "Madeline" quilt. This is my first time using charm packs and I have to say I found it a bit nerve wracking cutting out all the tiny pieces. I am a "rounder" person, if a pattern calls for a yard, I buy 1 1/2 yards. I make mistakes and it is a safety net to have that extra fabric I know I can fall back on.


When I read the fabric requirements and it said 2 charm packs, that is what I bought. I wouldn't let myself buy a 3rd for the safety net. So the entire time I was cutting the pieces, I kept checking and rechecking the measurements. Whew, a bit stressful! But I think I got it right..... I hope.....








Also had to replenish all the 2 1/2" blocks for my leader-ender shaded 9 patch that I am working in between projects. There is another shoebox full that I didn't get a picture of. So I should be set to get sewing.... but first I promised my Maggie Mae I would take her for a walk since it is such a gorgeous day!

Happy Quilting!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment