I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Sunday, March 21, 2010

How did you celebrate...

National Quilting Day? Me? I went on a mini shop hop in my town. My first stop was Loving Stitches. They were having a sale on their fat quarters and I picked up all the above for $1.50 each! I have slowly been building a stash of rose fabric to make a cottage rose type quilt. The blue is for my blue pinwheel quilt-along I am doing.



I bought these two (also for $1.50 each) and when I got home and opened them up, this is what I found!



I wish I could have found more than two! I might go back and dig some more tomorrow and try to find more. These are just begging to be fussy cut and made into something wonderful!


My next (and final- hey I told you it was mini!) stop was Quilt n tiques. I just recently found this cozy lil shop and it is filled to the brim with bolt after bolt of wonderful fabric. I picked up 1/2 yard of these pretty blues to go in my pinwheel quilt along quilt.


It was such a gorgeous day that I couldn't sit indoors and sew, so I grabbed my Grandmother's flower garden and sat out on the front porch for about 3 hours and stitched away listening to the birds and feeling the breeze.

I hope you all had a similarly wonderful day!

Happy Quilting

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment