I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Monday, March 15, 2010




This week's pinwheels from p.s. i quilt's quiltalong are complete! I had to stage them in front of my happy daffodils that are in full bloom. For some reason these blocks gave me a huge fit to sew. I like to never got the points to hit right. Me and "Jackie" had to work hard this morning.
The daffodils are a very old variety. I grew up in the mountains of North Carolina on a farm. Most big chunks of land had at least one old "homeplace" on them. It is where once there stood an old cabin or farm house. You could always tell by the chimmney rubble or the daffodils that would just bloom in the middle of no where. Our farm had an old homeplace on it and these are the daffodils from there. Before my mom sold the farm, I dug up a bunch of them and lugged them here to Fayetteville to plant. Every spring I am reminded of home and romping through the pastures and coming upon a bazillion of these happy yellow flowers.
Happy Quilting!
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. The pinwheels look great, and I love your daffodils! It's still snowy and cold here, so it's so nice to see some flowers in bloom!

    ReplyDelete