I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Obsessing....




The last three days have been spent thinking about, and trying to get this out of my head and out in fabric. It has grown from a lap size - 1 charm pack idea, to a 4 charm pack - queen size idea! I just reached the half way mark and wanted to share some pictures.
I really, really like how this is progressing. The pictures are not the best, but I think you can get the idea of what I am heading for. I had this idea of seeing a garden through a lattice fence (well in an abstract way). It is my own design and idea. I have never been one to make up my own quilts. I usually follow patterns or designs I have see else where. This quilt came to me the second I saw the Moda Eden charm pack.
Do you guys have quilts talk to you? I started out thinking that this quilt (the lap size version) would be a gift for my sister in law. But yesterday this quilt "told" me it was for my youngest niece (who just turned 21). So I decided to make it a queen size to fit her bed. I still have an idea to border this, but will see how it progresses.
Happy Quilting!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment