I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Wednesday, February 10, 2010

If it could go wrong...

Sorry for the lack of posts, but our wireless router went kapoot. Poor DH worked long into the night trying to get us back on the internet. Thank goodness he had kept our old hardwired router. At least one computer is back up and running though our printers are still off line. We have a print server and it is wireless... (For peace in our family we have 2 computers.) He has been working really long hours so there is little time for him to fiddle with them to get them back online.

I did complete the flag top day before yesterday. I mitered the corners of the border. It was my first time ever doing that and boy oh boy was it ever a learning experience. I must have ripped out the first miter 3 times. But as each corner went together I got better at it. By the 4th I did relatively well.

Sorry for the mediocre pictures. I caught a cold and am feeling so foggy headed. I did find the fabric for the backing in my stash. I think it will work out nicely. I love the sheet music with "The Star Spangled Banner" on it. So appropriate!

My local quilt shop, Loving Stitches, is having their bag day sale on Friday and I will buy the batting then for it. I plan on quilting this one myself. It will be my first attempt at quilting on my Bernina. Wish me luck!

Happy Quilting!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment