I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Sunday, February 28, 2010

Decided to join...




I went today and bought the two background fabrics I wanted. I picked a creamy off white for my blue focus fabrics and a more tan than white for the green/red/pink focus fabrics I want to use. Both background fabrics are Kona cotton solids so they are very good quality material. I decided to join her quilt-along as it is only sewing a block a week and I can continue my other projects. I need/want to hone my skills for this major project that I want to do next year.


I picked up this book today. (40% off yay!!) I have been eye-ing it forever. Next year I want to work my way through it and make every block, sort of like Julie does with Julia's cookbook in the movie "Julie and Julia".
Not much sewing today. I did hand piece a little on my Grandmother's flower garden. I mostly just washed and ironed all the fabrics for the pinwheel quilt along.
Will post picks of the pinwheel blocks after I get them made. I am only two blocks behind!
Happy Quilting!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment