I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Thursday, February 18, 2010

Friday Night Sew In


Tomorrow night is the "Friday Night Sew In". I have my project all picked out. I am going to be working on my Schnibbles "Madeline" quilt. The Rouenneries charm packs arrived today just in time! DH left yesterday for a business trip, so I have the house all to myself! (well except for 3 kitties and a dog) It is comforting to know over a 100 other quilters will be sewing with me tomorrow night!
Today I spent ALL day working on quilting the little "Quilts for Kids" quilt. It was my first time ever machine quilting, and boy oh boy, was there ever a learning curve. I practiced first on some scraps before hitting the quilt. It turned out okay. There are a few "wonky" spots, but overall not to bad for my first attempt. I will do the binding tomorrow during the day and post some pics after I wash it. I learned so much doing it.
Until tomorrow!
Happy Quilting!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment