Finally! My first finish of 2011! I got the binding and the label on late this afternoon on my brother's shaded nine patch! I decided to name the quilt "No Flowers Allowed 2" The first "No Flowers Allowed" I presented to my son last year. I decided to make another one in the same theme (slight variation of pattern) for my brother. It took me almost a year to collect enough fabrics to make these two quilts. It is soooo hard to find anything that doesn't have flowers on it.
I am so excited! I drive down to Florida on the 21st to present it to him. I will (hopefully) also be giving my niece her's during the same visit. It is supposed to be back from the longarm quilter Wednesday. I will post pics as soon as I get it done.
I started my next major project by washing the fabric and starting to cut out the pieces this evening. I am embarrased to say how long (let's just leave it at years) I have had this kit to make this quilt. The pattern is called "Trellis Rose" and was designed to go with Alex's Anderson's cottage rose fabric line. This one is earmarked for my sister-in law.
I also cut out a leader/ender quilt project to sew in between the Trellis Rose off and on during the past week. I plan on doing a postage stamp quilt as the leader/ender. I am doing it in soft cottage rose fabrics. I wanted to keep the theme going, hehe!