I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sew busy!

My niece's quilt came back from the longarm quilter yesterday! I spent today petting it and sewing the binding on. I just love how this quilt turned out. It is my own design. It is the first time I have made a quilt without following a pattern. I used the "Eden" line of fabric. My vision when designing it was to see peeks of the garden as you look through a lattice fence. It is so bright and cheery and you can't help but smile when you see it!



My sister in law's quilt is progressing quickly. It is suprisingly easy to assemble as it is all strip piecing.
As usual when I get the camera my "model in a previous life" kitty comes running and hams it up.Here are some of the squares after assembling. Yes those are 1 inch 9 patches! Phew so tiny to work with!
So I have not been slacking!
Happy Quilting!
Cindy





















No comments:

Post a Comment