I love cats and quilts.... and my cats love quilts too!




Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The first WIP I want to show you is my "Grandmother's Flower Garden" It is going to be a queen size quilt, (if I ever get it finished). I started this quilt about 3 years ago. I call it my "traveling quilt" because I mostly work on it when we are taking trips in our RV. I have also taken it to Scotland, Wales, England and Canada. I have worked on it in ME, NY, PA, VA, NC, GA, FL, MS, AL, LA, and TX so far. It is a great portable quilt.

I have been using a product called Quilt Patis, by Pati Shambaugh.




I keep most of the cut out hexagons, templates, threads, etc. in this plastic bin. It is great to grab when I know I have to go somewhere and need to pass the time.



I have 2 rows complete and have started row 3. I have several shots of the rows.




I chose 1930 reproduction material in honor of my grandmother. She was a quilter and I inherited my love of quilts from her. I plan on making some serious headway on this quilt this year!








No comments:

Post a Comment